Thursday, October 1, 2009

Let's write some poems...

Hum-dee-dum...

Here's the first two poems I've written for my creative writing class. These are probably happier than they should be. I could use some help with titles, though. :P

#1.

Back from a run, I stretch
on the lawn.
I don't want to cramp up.
Reaching for my toes, I greet
my sinews, "It's so easy
to see your make-up
when you're all stretched out,
muscle far from bone. I know
you are healthy; you
refuse to break" -

like us. The grass
tickles my legs and
I smile, remembering
our feet tread the same earth.


#2.

A sliver
of light on the floor
is keeping me awake.

Examine more closely to find it's
two or three
smaller beams crisscrossed, much
like the lines
on my cheek
in the morning.

There's an invisible
silver knife,
cascading primary colours-

a slice
of moon on my floor.

1 comment:

sus said...

I just happened on this morning. I like them! The first makes me think of something like....The Pleasure is Mine :) Love you, Mom