Friday, October 9, 2009

I Think I'm Crazy

Here's another poem. It's a fairly rough, early draft, as I wrote it last night in about 45 minutes, but whatever.

*ahem*

...

I Think I'm Crazy

Whoever's curious, come with me;
we'll eavesdrop on my dreams.
They're already getting fuzzy
and I'll need the help remembering.

We can share an orange apple
and clear Coca-Cola with our Mexican friends
on the beach where the mullet-sporting penguins
sit and stare.
We'll give our regards
to the soft-spoken canine who led us
out of the burning house
to the empty park downtown.

Riding back, my feet
leave the pedals
and insects deign to chat as I'm
flying, flying, flying,
falling, falling, falling...

And look! I've finished
a song, as I of course can sing
and play guitar
and drums
and violin
and horns
and organ.
I'll forget it, but at least
I know it's in there somewhere.

1 comment:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

http://www.surveylab.co.uk/images/orange_apple.jpg